Many people travelling abroad underestimate the need for travel insurance. For most people, taking out travel insurance is like making unnecessary waste. Indeed, the cost of buying travel insurance is not really cheap. But if something unexpected happens during the trip, you’ll avoid even greater expenses.
The scope of travel insurance coverage is very broad: protect you not only during the trip, but also the family you leave home if something happens to you. As a general rule, the validity of an insurance policy is limited to 180 days per year. If you plan to travel more than 180 days, you must take out additional insurance before your insurance expires.
The coverage provided by a travel insurance company includes:
Medical services provide advice and instructions for obtaining medical care anywhere in the world and can also coordinate communication between your local doctor and your doctor in Indonesia. In serious cases, a medical advisor will monitor the form and quality of care provided to ensure that policyholders receive quality medical care when travelling abroad.
Here are some examples of medical services included in the coverage:
- Replacing medical expenses. Reimbursement of medical expenses for injuries or illnesses suffered by the insured abroad up to $50,000.
- Travel visit. If the insured is treated in hospital, the insurance company will pay an economical round-trip ticket and the insured family’s accommodation to accompany him.
Evacuation and repatriation services
In the event of emergency care, the insurance company arranges transportation and sets the way forward for medical treatment, if necessary by transferring the sick or injured insured to another location where adequate medical care can be provided. The insurance company can also arrange the return of the insured to his place of residence in Indonesia. These services are usually provided free of charge, without any cost restrictions.
The insurance company can quickly give you advice over the phone if you have problems delaying your luggage, whether it is lost or stolen, as well as instructions on how to submit a claim for your belongings.
- Loss of luggage and personal property. Compensation for lost or damaged luggage and personal belongings in the trunk with a maximum limit of $300 per item type.
- Baggage delays. The insurance company pays for urgent purchases of clothing and toiletries/cosmetics when travelling abroad due to a delay of 12 consecutive hours in their luggage or more due to a delivery error.
Current laws and regulations differ from country to country. Insurance companies can provide advice on where to get the most appropriate legal assistance in almost every place in the world.
Additional compensation for the protection of the contents of the home
The insurance company provides protection against the contents of the house in the event of a fire, provided that it is abandoned for a trip of no more than 5000 USD. To obtain compensation, you must include the original receipt and complete the insurance claim form provided by the insurance company when purchasing the policy. If you are performing medical treatment, the doctor who treats you or the hospital must write a statement on the form, accompanied by the company’s signature and/or tampon. If you experience flight delays or lost baggage, you must obtain a certificate from the airline.
My advice: keep all your travel documents correctly, including the plane or train ticket you purchased, the boarding pass used and your baggage tag( baggage tag) that is usually provided to you during your purchase recording. For the purpose of filing an application, you must generally also include a photocopy of your passport with a photo of you and a page on which a visa is issued by the embassy of the destination country.
We wish you a pleasant holiday and visits with your family.
- Bharti Axa Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance India Pre Existing Conditions
- Types Of Travel Insurance Policy
- Reliance Travel Insurance Canada
- Travel Insurance Germany Cost
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Manulife Travel Insurance For Visitors To Canada
- Travel Insurance International
- Travel Insurance While Pregnant
- Travel Insurance Kenya Online